With car sales registrations falling year on year there seems to be a lot of negativity in the press in regards to the motor industry.
A lot has happened over the past year with WLTP laws changing and the dreaded ‘B’ word being the excuse for everything. Business is poor - ‘brexit’s fault’. Stubbed my toe - ‘brexit. The weather has been awful - ‘brexit. I think you catch my drift….
Let’s stop making excuses and get on with it, after all the world is still turning.
There is a lot of uncertainty in Britain at the moment however vehicle leasing has never been as popular. For cars, Personal Contract Hire (PCH) continues to dominate the sector representing 57% of all car leasing contracts.
Here we take a look at the best selling cars of 2019.
1. Ford Fiesta - There are no surprises with this one hitting the number one spot. This is Britain’s most popular car and is the best seller for June and also year to date! Ford hit 7507 registrations during June alone and a whopping 43,297 this year so far. I don't think there are any shocks with this one. They have always been a great looking car with terrific engines and plenty of gadgets as standard. I think this is and will always be a tough one to beat! Prices starting from £205 per month - http://bit.ly/FordFiestaPrices
2. Ford Focus - Ford taking the top 2 spots comfortably. Even though the Focus ranked fifth in July registrations it still takes second place over the course of this year so far. The Focus had 5450 registrations in the month of June and 32,239 in 2019 so far. The new shape has just been released and what a good job Ford have done. A much nicer type both inside and out compared to its previous shape. I can only see figures improving on the Focus over the course of the next few months. Focus prices starting from just £229 per month - http://bit.ly/FordFocusPrices
3. Volkswagen Golf - A consistent favourite. This is and will always be one of the UK’s best selling family hatchback. With 31,493 registrations this year alone its been a great start from the German giants. Sleek looks, incredible engineering and terrific value for money - What more could you want? Golf lease prices starting from as little as £207 per month - http://bit.ly/VWGolfPrices
4. Vauxhall Corsa - Of course, the Vauxhall Corsa! This had 5614 registrations during the month of June which was just behind its Ford Fiesta rival. 29,982 registrations year to date so far which is a great effort from Vauxhall. No doubt Vauxhall will be looking to shift the remainder of stock before its new model comes out later this year.
5. Nissan Qashqai - Despite the compact SUV market being a crowded one, the Qashqai has been a real family favourite. With 5333 registrations in June and 29,180 this year it is no surprise this one is high up on the list. T his Qashqai comes with an incredible amount of gadgets as standard and is really spacious. It really is a well made family car. Qashqai lease offers starting from an unbelievable £195 per month - http://bit.ly/NissanQashqaiPrices
6. Mercedes-Benz A-Class - The new A-Class has been a huge hit since it new shape arrival. The premium hatch accounts for nearly a third of Mercedes’ sales in the UK, and it has a huge lead over its Audi A3 and BMW 1 Series rivals. Currently sitting on 27,904 registrations this year. With a high tech interior, segment-leading spec and terrific leasing deals its no wonder this one makes it into the top 10! A-Class prices starting from just £275 per month!
7. Volkswagen Polo - Still no match for the Fiesta however the Polo has been one of the UK’s most popular vehicles for a while. In June, VW sold 4592 Polo’s which is not a bad effort at all and 23,605 registrations this year alone. The Polo provides great ride quality, efficient engine and some quality looking interior and exterior features. Prices starting from £187 per month - http://bit.ly/VWPoloPrices
8. MINI Hatch - The MINI has also been a UK favourite for a long period of time. Registering 5535 units in June and 21,307 over the course of the year. MINI have very recently brought out the facelift model, I wonder how this will affect their sales… MINI lease deals starting from £220 per month - http://bit.ly/MINIHatchPrices
9. Ford Kuga - The Ford Kuga is still one of the UK’s most popular SUV’s. You can see why they have had 20,425 registrations this year. Its a very spacious, good looking and well specced SUV. A huge advantage for the Kuga is some of the terrific lease deals you can get. Payments starting from just £232 per month - http://bit.ly/FordKugaPrices
10. Toyota Yaris - I have to admit I was rather surprised with this landing in the top 10. In June we saw this supermini as seventh best selling car ahead of the VW Polo! 19,147 registrations so far this year for the Yaris. The best feature of this is the hybrid engine they produce which are truly incredible on fuel. Prices starting from just £194.08 + VAT per month - http://bit.ly/ToyotaYarisPrice
There you have it, the UK's best selling cars of 2019. There are some familiar faces in there but are there any surprises?
18th of July 2019
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone : 01257 442949
Company Address :
14 Delph Way
CarNow are a credit broker and not a lender, we are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered No : 794459
Registered in England & Wales with company number : | Data Protection No : ZA310866 | VAT No : 288041000
Registered Office : Chorley, Lancashire
Disclaimer: All vehicle images and descriptions are for illustration and reference purposes only, all vehicle leases are subject to credit approval and subject to change at any time. E&OE.
Copyright © 2020 CarNow, All rights reserved.
Powered by CALAS